This “Sober Sundays” link-up is party time. And you’re invited to the party. There are 2 ways to participate, so CLICK HERE for instructions.
Sweet Sundays. Sundays are days of rest. Real rest. Not the recovering-from-a-hangover type of rest. Many of us made promises to ourselves and others on Sundays–we would quit drinking, the result of having too much on Saturday nights.
Let’s make a weekly collection of links to great posts that might just help the newly sober or trying to get sober alcoholic. Let’s share our experience, strength and hope with each other and the newcomer as we’re all in this together.
“Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week.”
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
My SS vol. 2 gratitude list:
- I am grateful today I’m not making promises I can’t keep.
- I am grateful today that my boys are healthy and I’m present for them.
- I am grateful today that I won’t miss Mass because of drinking!
- I am grateful today that I remember what I did last night.
- I am grateful today God saved me from the roller coaster and placed me in this sweet, peaceful sober life.
The post I am going to link back to is one I wrote for CatholicMom.com this week entitled Wife, Mother, Catholic, Alcoholic.
Make it a great day!