This “Sober Sundays” link-up is party time. And you’re invited to the party. There are 2 ways to participate, so CLICK HERE for instructions.
Sweet Sundays. Sundays are days of rest. Real rest. Not the recovering-from-a-hangover type of rest. Many of us made promises to ourselves and others on Sundays–we would quit drinking, the result of having too much on Saturday nights.
“Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week.”
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
For Sober Sundays Vol. 1, I’d like to provide a gratitude list because as long as I remember to be grateful for the blessings in my life then I won’t slip back into self-pity, feeling sorry for myself that I can’t rush out to drink a 12-pack of green beer today.
- I’m grateful that today I am truly present for my children. They sense it and they love it.
- I’m grateful today that my husband isn’t thinking about leaving me.
- I’m grateful today that we have a new pope! I’m so excited about Pope Francis!
- I’m grateful today I can form true partnerships with others because of sobriety.
- I’ll be grateful today if anybody joins me in this link up! I’d feel really silly if I was at this party all by myself.
And the post I’d like to share is the one I wrote here where I give five reasons Pope Francis is a great choice by the Holy Spirit for alcoholics.
Join the party! Click on the little blue frog button below and add your link! For instructions on how to fully participate in a blog-hop way, click here.