Just 24 hours left in the pontificate of Pope Benedict XVI and I am more in love with my Church and my faith than ever before. I’ve been pouring over blog posts from so many of you and eating up all the history and catechism refreshers.
I truly admire and love this Pope. I pray the conclave does God’s will and I hope God’s will is to bring a new springtime in. What BXVI started in this year of faith really has created a mission heart in me and so many others–I don’t have to go to Africa or India to be a witness for my faith. I can do it right here in my little world, here in Alpharetta, Georgia and also here in my little place in the blogosphere.
Thank you Pope Benedict for your life of service to the Church. I am so happy you will be able to live out your days in prayer and comfortable brown shoes from Leon, Mexico. XOXO, Number 9
“The upcoming Year of Faith is a “summons to an authentic and renewed conversion to the Lord, the One Savior of the world” (Porta Fidei 6). In other words, the Year of Faith is an opportunity for Catholics to experience a conversion – to turn back to Jesus and enter into a deeper relationship with him. The “door of faith” is opened at one’s baptism, but during this year Catholics are called to open it again, walk through it and rediscover and renew their relationship with Christ and his Church.”
- Thank You, Papa: A Tribute to Pope Benedict XVI (catholicalcoholic.com)
- Prayer for Pope Benedict XVI (thegoodfruits.wordpress.com)
- Pope Benedict XVI tells final audience, ‘I will not abandon the cross’ (ctvnews.ca)
- Catholic Digest Commemorative Issue on Pope Benedict XVI (catholicalcoholic.com)
- BREAKING: His Holiness Emeritus Pope (illuminati360.wordpress.com)
- Pope legacy: Teacher who returned to church roots (cnsnews.com)
- Pope Benedict XVI Gives Final Audience (radio.foxnews.com)